Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Cleopatra Marina

Have we mentioned how amazing Cleopatra Marina is? Right down through office staff, marina staff, maintenance guys, room cleaners and into to the restaurant. We have yet to meet someone who hasn’t been friendly and professional. A few examples this trip:  I asked the room lady for a couple of small bottles of water to replenish the fridge in the room, she spoke little English but understood what I wanted through charades and she literally jogged to get the water as I was insisting “no rush!!”.  

Bon Filet...and it was!
The food at the restaurant is amazing – we have never been disappointed (thank goodness because we are here for 3 meals a day for several days). We ordered a steak, “Bon Filet”, with a cognac, cream and peppercorn sauce (which we shared because the portions are huge), and it was the best steak we’ve ever had. The water to the spigot we had charged with euro wasn’t working so they came out and got another one working and gave us 5 euro free, which filled the tanks. All the maintenance and marina guys call Matt “Captain”…which I think is great because it’s respectful and they don’t have to remember names. :0)  They don’t call me First Mate but I don’t mind…I get nods and smiles and hello’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment