Monday, January 17, 2011

Rooftop Sanctuary


Evening Balloon Ride Over the Valley of the Kings

Our Shandy Recipe

One of the features of our hotel in Luxor was a rooftop pool and bar. Jessie braved the passive solar heated (aka not heated) pool for about a minute, (see the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZYMqGKqvlE ) the rest of the time we just sat in the lawn chairs enjoying the sun. Luxor is a tourist city so we could get a beer, so Marina and I would share a beer or two (hers a Shandy half and half with Sprite) and just enjoy each other’s company.




They have a masseuse up there and we had side by side massages. Typical hotel massage – not nearly deep enough, though Marina’s masseuse offered to pluck Marina’s chin hairs with string (does Marina really have chin hair???  I've never seen any in 20+ years) I thought she was offering to floss her teeth -– YUK! – and my guy got a lot closer to parts of me than I though appropriate – talking to Marina afterward she said the same thing … it is hard to relax and pucker at the same time. Topping it off there were a couple of guys that were smoking and watching Marina have her massage – partly nude of course – until Marina said ‘get rid of those guys’ and they were chased off. I can’t understand Arabic but I am pretty sure I heard the words “Free Show” being said.



Anyway, it was a really good place to watch the sunset, which we did with our friends nearly every night.



No comments:

Post a Comment