Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tennis Anyone?

What great fortune to have our own semi-private tennis court 5 minutes from the boat, and right next to the Navigator (for après tennis libations). I (Marina) was thrilled the crew agreed that Kemer would be a better place to spend time than Marmaris, knowing the court was there. Matt, Ross and Jessie made good use of it as well. A couple of times I went out on my own and used the wall and practiced serves (that were very shaky when we first go there!).

John from Saphire, a fellow cruiser from the UK, organized training sessions several times a week, Saturday tournaments (which my partner Herri from Switzerland and I won once) and John and his wife Chris joined Matt and me for an almost daily match. The girls taking on the boys and we were very evenly matched, one set going to 10-8 (the girls took this one!). The courts had lights and didn’t cost us a penny…heaven yet again in Kemer.

I’m pretty sure we’ll make our way back to Kemer as we head back north and west in the early spring, I promised to help Engin and Mehmet, Kemer staff, with a few sessions on the court.



No comments:

Post a Comment