Tuesday, July 20, 2010

May All Telecom Executives Experience Purgatory for a Period of Time

Did I tell you that T-Mobile sucks!!! Their service is …. Wait a minute …. There is no service! To connect to the Internet you need to do a very complex 4-part process ,,, and of course the messages are in Croatian. There are 2 ways to connect to the Internet, basically $5 per day or $0.50 per megabyte. Unfortunately for me, they default to the $0.50 per megabyte and if you don’t follow the instructions exactly … you use a whole bunch of credit up. The $100 of credits I have bought should have lasted 20 days but I’ve used them up in 4 – did I mention the directions are in Croatian?


Some of the service is using GPRS Edge – aka S-L-O-W, some is on HSPA so the performance is great. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it takes forever to connect. Basically all I want to do is give them money … every time I connect to the Internet charge me for a day I don’t care --- but $30 for downloading my email because I didn’t get the sequence right (oh and by the way the only way to tell is to query how much is remaining in your account – which BTW costs you money to do).


So Dear Lord … if you were to answer my prayers …. You would make every Telecom executive (excepting of course my friends at TELUS) in the world spend a month in Purgatory getting their cellphone/internet stick/WiFi Hotspot to work within a limited budget – while following convoluted instructions in different languages and calling callcentres that 1) don’t answer 2) don’t understand the questions let alone the answers; 3) really only want you to get off the call asap so they can get their callers-per-hour metric higher.


I’m out


1 comment:

  1. Matt, I laughed and laughed at your Telecom experiences. Better to have those issues than be in Canada with non of them..but not sailing in the Med. Glad you are experiencing life in the Med.

    ReplyDelete